Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Climb



Well what a surprise, feeling so good today you actually get two blogs!

PT was fantastic (finally got my group photo which i am including). Everyday when we are working out they turn the TV to the video channel so I can get my groove on. In addition to my novio platonico David Brisbal (google search him) I am confident enough to say my other inspiration is The Climb by Miley Cyrus (yeah, for you "soup" fans "it's Miley). Love the whole song but my favorite quote is "ain't about how fast I get there" , "it's the climb". I also like the reminder that some battles I am going to lose - losing is not failure, failure is when you quit trying. What was cute today was the PT team stop to watch a recap of the results of Latin American Idol, the whole country is excited as a Costa Rican is in the finals.

Today also was my final spinal injection & infusion. Hospital was packed today, so my fellow stemmie Deborah and I shared a room (see pic) which was nice b/c the doctor was delayed about 45 mins. I did say it was a good day, they were able to get the IV in first try even if it was placed very high on my arm, just below the shoulder (hey whatever works). Just a little pain - compared to Tuesday it was a day at the beach. Dr. Alfonzo came in for my spinal, Dr. Tomas did my infusion and my favorite nurse Georgina kept everything going. It was kind of bittersweet, I am ready to be done but will really miss these folks - I think Gina & Dr. A both had a tear in their eye when they came by at my discharge to say goodbye (maybe it was my own watery view).

Tomorrow is my exit interview and final two hours of PT (can't imagine what they have planned for me, glad I will have a day to recover before flying home!)

No comments: