just under a week until I leave, and I started thinking about my MS Journey - the frustration, the discovery, the appreciation for all that I have, and the determination to actively pursue the health care options that have the most potential to preserve my quality of life.
My diagnosis took 22 months and 20 visits to the doctor (I was persistent). When I finally was referred for an MRI in Feb 08, I was pretty certain what the neurologist would find. I think the shock was to see the MRI and hear the neurologist tell me that based on the location of my lesions on my brain stem I should not be able to walk or talk, and suggest that I should immediately apply for full permanent disability.
So my moral of my story (19 months later)is my belief that odds are for football (and as a diehard Raiders fan - maybe not even then) and while I may not beat MS, I sure as heck plan to continue to battle it to at least a draw. Costa Rica is my trick play, I plan for my new stem cells to surprise their opponent and give my team the advantage.
Enough of the philosophical, next up the practical - PACKING!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wild Cat formation baby, Wild Cat formation.....
Post a Comment